Currently, we are seeking an admitted attorney, for an extremely promising Associate position within a premier law firm with high potential for growth. This is an opportunity for a diligent and dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with a strong, established firm in the Downtown Los Angeles Area. The Associate Attorney will be responsible for effectively managing their caseload, as well as client interaction, and be capable of successfully collaborating with our wonderful Criminal Defense Team of Attorneys and legal assistants.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaise with clients and/or family of clients before the case is called reviewing procedural status and general strategy for defense
- Attend court hearings, pretrial hearings and trials on behalf of clients and advise clients before and following each hearing as to procedural status and strategy
- Responsible for court appearances, pretrial hearings, preliminary hearings, trials, drafting motions, interviewing witnesses and performing necessary legal research
- Analyze probable outcomes of cases using experience and knowledge of legal precedents
- Manage workload of cases, effectively prioritize deadlines - Provide client s procedural status, review of discovery, legal analysis, and anticipated strategy
- Gathering additional evidence to effectively advocate the client s positions and defenses
- Prepare clients for court examination or interviews; determine key objectives of case strategy and gather information from witnesses and necessary experts that support client s positions
- At least 8 years of Criminal Defense Experience
- Team player, must be open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Experience with handling Federal Cases is highly preferred
- Preferably bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Interpersonal, Organizational, and Time management skills of the highest caliber
- Excellent analytical, research, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a demonstrated history of excellence
Do you have a passion for Criminal Law and a desire to practice within an organization with lots of room for growth? Here at the Matian Firm we offer that, benefits, a competitive salary, paid time off, and more! Come work as a Criminal Defense Attorney at a growing firm with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of professionals within' the legal industry. Apply now!
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.Company DescriptionThe Matian Firm, APC, also known as La Liga Defensora is a medium-sized law firm headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles and supplemented by our companion branch in San Jose. While our primary service arenas are criminal defense and immigration, our experienced and dedicated cadre of attorneys has roots in many diverse fields of law. Our professional reputation is as zealous advocates. Our clients know us as caring, concerned and committed to compassionately ushering them through the complexities of the legal system. We employ an abundant support staff that aids our lawyers in the field while assuring that every call to the office is answered and every client concern addressed. Despite this binding commitment to superior legal work supported by excellent customer service offered at a competitive price, our offices are filled with energy and verve.
It is the mission statement of our company and the ethos of its employees to assure, to our absolute best ability, that each of our valued clients gets the same focused and individualized personal attention on top of our ardent devotion to providing premier legal services. Given the size of our firm, our attorneys can share ideas, motivate each other and solve issues collectively. Our success is therefore grounded in collaborative teamwork and rooted in prioritizing customer service. We are always looking to welcome those who possess a passionate devotion to the practice of law and the advocacy of those in need.