Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc., an international development firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks specialists in Prosecution, Criminal Justice/Gender-based Violence, and Court Management for the USAID-funded Justice Sector Strengthening Activity in El Salvador. The JSSA provides technical assistance to key justice sector institutions and supports initiatives to improve inter-institutional coordination, reduce impunity, improve court administration practices, and promote citizen participation and awareness of legal reforms to fight corruption.
All positions will be based in San Salvador. Responsibilities include the following:
- The Prosecution Specialist will assist with the implementation and management of key project activities. He/she will lead technical assistance efforts with the Attorney General’s Office and the National Civilian Police regarding the investigation and prosecution of such crimes as homicide and sexual violence.
- The Gender-based Violence/Criminal Justice Advisor will provide technical assistance to the Attorney General’s Office, Supreme Court, National Civilian Police and Forensic Institute to strengthen the prosecution of domestic violence and sexual crimes. He/she also will provide capacity-building assistance and training to justice sector institutions to more effectively manage cases of gender-based violence.
- The Court Management Specialist will assist the Government of El Salvador in improving the efficiency of its legal system and access to justice for citizens. He/she will support initiatives to increase knowledge and skills in managing court infrastructure, using and applying information technologies to increase the efficiency of court’s activity, planning and managing the budget and human resources, and developing and implementing well-defined strategic plans. Responsibilities will include developing performance indicators, conducting performance audits of the courts, developing training materials and leading training activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for mid-to-senior level prosecutors, judges, court management experts, criminal justice experts, and victims’ rights advocates interested in working overseas. Candidates must possess a law degree or an advanced degree in a related discipline and be fluent in written and spoken Spanish. Candidates must have a minimum of seven years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Justice sector reform
- Criminal justice (investigation and prosecution)
- Gender issues, human rights, international law, victimology, international best practices and/or case management approaches
- Court management models and best practices; case processing and workload management, particularly electronic case management systems; and training court administrators and developing of training course materials for court administrators.
Experience in a developing context or in Latin America is a plus.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate where you saw this ad. Candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.checchiconsulting.com. No telephone calls please.