Location: Unkity, ME Category: Faculty Posted On: Wed Dec 14 2016 Job Description:
Unity College in Maine is seeking to fill a one (1) year visiting faculty position in its Conservation Law Enforcement Program in the School of biodiversity Conservation. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Teaching courses such as Introduction to Criminal Justice, Introduction to Conservation Law Enforcement, Community Relation and Ethics, Courtroom Procedure and Evidence and Natural Resource Law courses as assigned to support the Conservation Law Enforcement, Environmental Policy and Wildlife Biology Majors.
* Advising and mentoring undergraduate students that are intent on pursuing careers in Conservation Law Enforcement at the state or federal level.
* Developing new courses and revising curriculum for the Conservation Law Enforcement Program.
* Contribute to faculty service needs as assigned.
* Serve on campus committees as appropriate given position responsibilities.
* Contribute to the college's commitment to sustainability.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
* Credentials appropriate to the discipline, such as but not limited to relevant master's degrees, professional certifications, or licenses.
* Experience with program development or management and accreditation will be beneficial.
* Experience working in the field of conservation law enforcement at the state or federal level.
* Experience with procedures of criminal law.
* Experience supervising law enforcement officers.
* Experience with formal teaching in an institutional setting or police academy.
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive college vehicles.
* Proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email programs.
Unity College, a private college in rural Maine, provides dedicated, engaged students with a liberal arts education emphasizing the environment, natural resources, and the emerging framework of sustainability science. A common interest in developing sustainable solutions to environmental problems unites our students, staff, and faculty. Recently named to the top 30 of the Washington Monthly colleg...e rankings and Princeton Review’s Green Rating Honor Roll, Unity is rapidly becoming recognized as a national leader in sustainability science. Unity College has just finalized its five-year strategic plan designed to transform Unity College into the “A National Beacon” for Sustainability Science, with Distance Programming as a critical objective.
Unity College is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants from under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Unity College seeks to attract employees who share a commitment to the environment and to human diversity, and who have an interest in helping students develop an understanding of the richness and complexity of individuals and society.