Experienced trial attorney to prosecute all types of cases and provide legal services as an Assistant County Attorney.
1. Responsible for preparation and trial of cases assigned by the County Attorney or designee.
2. Caseload to be handled in a timely and professional manner so as to conform to the requirements of law, and the policies of the Office of Scott County Attorney.
3. Perform duties within any one of the three general areas of operation of the Scott County Attorney's Office, to include: District Court Division, Associate Court Division or Civil/Juvenile Division. Assignment to any case in any division shall be at the discretion of the county Attorney. Case(s) may be assigned at any stage of the proceedings.
4. Independently prepares correspondence, memoranda, briefs and other legal documents necessary for the performance of duties of the office.
5. Represent the County Attorney's Office in all Courts in Scott County (or Appellate Courts), whether in a civil or criminal capacity so as to represent the best interests of the general public and the offices and officers represented.
6. Prepare and teach classes to law enforcement agencies on issues related to current legal matters and/or procedures.
7. Make presentations to community organizations and agencies.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.
Requires standing (admission) to practice law before the Supreme Court of Iowa and remain in Good Standing before the Bar of the Supreme Court of Iowa.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with various criminal justice agencies, elected officials and other County departments.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently operate the computer systems in the county Attorney's office, including word proceeding, case management, and time keeping.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy