Under the direction of the Security Supervisor, will perform tasks related to the security, safety and maintenance of our patients, staff and facilities. The Security Technician will provide security services for the clinics, staff and patients as well as perform minor maintenance functions up to and including on-call time.
1. Conduct interior and exterior rounds to include door checks – observing for safety/security issues.
2. Monitors clinic entry and exit points ensuring staff and visitors make it to and from their vehicles safely and free from harassment of any sort.
3. Ensures visitor and employee safety while they are in the clinic by providing door checks, detecting lighting deficiencies, confirming proper operation of elevators, assisting with disruptive individuals, etc.
4. Provide escorts to both staff and clients when requested or during hours of darkness to ensure their safety.
5. Responds to various overhead Code pages or requests for assistance.
6. Provides excellent customer service at all times when approached by staff or clients.
7. Observes and reports any security concerns/assessments that are observed. Completes incident report and forwards to appropriate individuals.
8. Works collaboratively with and monitors contracted security services, reports concerns to supervisor.
9. Remains knowledgeable of the laws and guidelines that affect the authority of the role as a security officer.
1. Monitors refrigerator and freezer alarms and conducts monthly testing. Quarterly cleans refrigerator coils to ensure that they are operating properly.
2. Responsible for testing various Alarm Systems throughout the location (panic buttons).
3. Visually checks fire extinguishers on a monthly basis to assure that they are properly charged.
4. Visually checks sprinkler pressure on a weekly basis, documenting any pressure changes for response from maintenance technician or fire sprinkler contractor. Responsible for any cleaning to assure proper working of sprinkler heads.
5. Responsible for nightly check of softener system, observing leaks and/or low salt levels. Adds Salt brine tank if needed.
6. Regularly conducting lighting checks, both interior and exterior lights, ensuring all are in working order and noting those in need of replacement bulbs.
7. Responsible for quarterly replacement of tab units filters.
8. Provide basic door maintenance as needed.
9. Maintain clear sidewalks by conducting snow removal in the winter months.
10. Responsible for monthly generator testing.
11. Monthly fire testing.
12. Regularly checks oxygen tank gauges and switches out oxygen tanks when they are low.
13. Applies silicon based lubricant to door strikes to ensure proper operation.
14. Conduct basic maintenance checks throughout the building.
15. Test eye wash stations on a weekly basis to ensure that they are not leaking and operating properly.
16. Conducts monthly valve checks to ensure they are not leaking and operating properly.
1. High School diploma or equivalent with one year of additional training in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice or directly related training.
2. Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in security work, or a similar field of work
3. Must be available to work second shift and be able to be on call on a rotating basis.
4. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record to operate a company vehicle.
5. Knowledge of and experience working with personal computers.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Function well in a high paced multi-tasking environment.
8. Ability to work independently with good problem solving skills.
9. DAAT Training – must be DAAT trained within 6 months of hire (training will be provided)
10. Patient handling knowledge/experience – Training will be provided
11. Security Response Training – Will be provided
1. Associates Degree or higher in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice or directly relevant area.
2. Experience in a healthcare environment.
3. Experience with safe patient handling.
4. CPR Certified
5. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
6. Knowledge of HIPPA
7. Building Maintenance Experience
Dean Clinic –
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same